Change of Worship Locations During Construction
Please ignore the article on page 3 in the October Mainstreeter. The work in the sanctuary is now slated to begin on January 2nd. The sanctuary will be unavailable for use during the winter months. Stay tuned for further details.
Volunteer Opportunities at the Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter – an Invitation
The Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter is dedicated to providing shelter and food to those in need. The overall objective of the agency is to advocate, create, and operate programs and services that promote dignity and self-sufficiency for those we serve. To ensure that basic needs are addressed, the NSK&S is committed to joining with others in a community-wide ethic of caring. We can't do this without the aid of our amazing community and we need your help!
There are many ways to volunteer but there is a pressing need for more volunteers in the food pantry. As most of you are aware, the Main Street United Methodist Church has partnered with the NSK&S food pantry and has a presence there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If you would like to help out on those days or any other weekday, contact Mary Marchese, Phyllis Applier, or Paul Curtis.
- Receptionist: Answer and direct incoming phone calls. Opportunities available Monday through Friday. 12pm - 4pm
- Receiving/Sorting/Shelving – Pantry: Two shifts available. Help unload deliveries and sort items for pantry distribution. Replenish food pantry shelves throughout shift as needed. Break down boxes. Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds necessary. Opportunities available Monday through Friday. 10am – 3pm
- Food Pantry Attendant: Help with food pantry distribution. Assist clients one-on-one with selecting items from our food pantry. Opportunities available Monday through Friday. 10:45am – 3pm
- Evening Meal Prep – Kitchen. Help with meal preparation for the evening dinner. Opportunities available Monday through Friday. 11am – 3pm
- Dinner Crew – Kitchen: Typical tasks may include: help with serving dinner, waiting on tables for families, assisting in the dining room (busing and cleaning tables, assisting with drink refills), washing dishes, kitchen clean-up. 4pm– 7pm
If there is any interest in the positions above, please contact the Kitchen Manager Shane Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (603) 889-7700 ext 16.
If you are looking for a more hands on approach with our clients, we also have positions available teaming up with our Employment Advocate Donna Marceau. These positions involve working one on one with clients to help with job searches and job training. If there is any interest in these positions, please contact Donna at email@example.com or by calling (603) 889-7700 ext 117.
Thank you again for your interest in the Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.